ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, August 15, 2011

Elder Johnson's August 15, 2011 E-Mail

Hi Mom,

I'm currently watching about ten missionaries crowd around Elder Flynn's computer, laughing at your letter--as Elder Flynn goes back-and-forth from your letter to Brittany's picture. Whoa, she's way cute, dude, I here. Anyways. Funny letter you wrote.

Glad to hear about Sean. It's all crazy. Call him and tell him to e-mail me.

Oh, yeah, so about my area. They are sending me to White Horse, Canada, to white wash as a trainer--yes, trainer again (Apparently, it's unheard of to train 3 times in a row)--and district leader. There's a new curriculum produced by the church for trainers, and President Beesley wanted me to be apart of the first round of trainers under this new methodology. He's very serious about having good trainers. So serious that he pulled 4 ZL's out of their leadership positions to train other missionaries. Apparently, they determined the name for Canada by throwing out random letters--C N A D A. A? I will miss the Colony area but am excited for the new challenge. White Horse won't know what hit them.

And also, please tell Dad to watch my account. I hear I won't get as much bang for my buck in Canada. I will be extremely frugile--only the bare necessities, but I will need to spend money from my account for the next few weeks.

Also, I'm sending a few packages home of a bunch of crap. Within the big box, you will find a smaller box with a few trinkets, etc. Also in this small box will be two jump drives full of pictures.

Love,
Elder Johnson  

No comments:

Post a Comment