Thanks for the e-mail and update. Short letter today. Elder Lawson said that he won't have an update this week, but you can expect one next week--he said he'll keep you updated on the things we do. Elder Lawson is my Activities and Service Coordinator in our district.
I don't know if you are updating a blog for me or not, but please make it very clear that it is you, my mom, who has created and is updating the blog--and not me. Please let that be known, because from some of the letters I've received, it seems as if people think I update the blog. That is not good.
Attached is my Weekly to the President (Updates on the Work contained therein), as well as a responsibilities sheet that I made for my district. The Elders really liked it. They are glad to have responsibilities and take an active role in the district. All this helps us be of one heart and one mind.
The following is Elder Johnson's "School of Proselytizers" organizational responsibility document which he prepared for his district. Sounds like he would make a good Fortune 500 CEO! Delegate, Delegate, Delegate!
The School of Proselytizers:
We hereby affirm and proclaim that the following organization and responsibilities of The School of the Proselytizers, or District, shall be administered during the transfer ending 14 August 2011, within the Iditarod District of the Wasilla Zone, upheld by unanimous common consent of each member therein. While the executive and veto powers of the District Leader apply, overrule of vetoes can be enacted by a five-out-of-six majority vote. Upon the end of the transfer, the organization will dissolve and the various responsibilities will no longer be legitimate.
All responsibilities with food or gatherings for food fall under the jurisdiction of the District Chef (Chef), who, as need arises, may delegate any of the tasks amongst other members of the District. Specific responsibilities include:
- Cooking District lunches
- Providing snacks during District Meetings
- Working with the District Activities and Service coordinator to determine the frequency of District Lnches and times appropriate for such
District Activities and Service Coordinator
Logistics, whereabouts and organization of any event unique to the District is handled by the District Activities and Service Coordinator (Coordinator). Responsibilities include the following:
- Arranging P-Day Acitivities - handling all of the logistics for travel and any other necessary preparation
- Arranging District Service Projects (i.e. Ensuring the District maintains its weekly presence at the Musk-Ox Farm, etc.)
- Arranging Morning Workouts
- Arranging District Tracts
District Photographer and Music Coordinator
The District Photographer and Music Coordinator (MC) holds duel resonsibilities as its title suggests. Stewardship in this responsibility is over the photography at any District Activity and music during District Meetings. Responsibilities include:
- Documenting all District Activity through digital photography
- Selecting music during District Meetings
- Acting as Chorister in each District Meeing
To ensure the mental, physical and spiritual well-being of each member of the District, the District Mediator (Mediator), is there to lift, encourage, support, love, synthesize, unify, and mediate. Responsibilities include:
- Calling each member of the District each week - discussing feelings, worries, providing counsel, etc.
- Reporting on the overarching morale of the District to the District Leader each week
- Presiding over District Councils and resolving District Disputes
To maintain a system of Checks and Balances, the District Auditor (Auditor) provides an alternative perspective, an eye towards protocol, a wariness of appropriateness during all District Activity. The Auditor's analysis will be respected and heavily considered. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all District Activities are in accordance with the Missionary Handbook of Insutrctions, or Protocol
- Keeping close communication with the Zone Leaders, Assistants to the President and the Mission President - certifying and reporting that all District Activities are effective and producting
- Playing Devil's Advocate when an alternative viewpoint is needed
- Composing a written and signed end-of-transfer report, certifying that all activities of the District were in accordance with Protocol
In witness whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names,