ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Sunday, July 17, 2011

Elder Johnson's July 13, 2011, E-Mail

Hi Mom,
 
Didn't get a chance to e-mail you yesterday. I was stuck, naked in a missionary apartment for half of our P-Day yesterday, so I was unable to e-mail, but we got permission to e-mail for a few minutes today.
 
Transfer News: Well, there really is none: I'm still in the Colony Ward! I was surprised. But when President Beesley extended the call, it went like this:
 
Elder Johnson, you've been in the Colony Ward for a long time.
 
Yes, President, I have.
 
Well, we need you there for one more. And I need you to be my District Leader there.
 
Yes, President.
 
You've done an amazing job there, and believe me, if we didn't need you there this transfer, I'd have transferred you out of there, but we really need you; Elder Tonga needs you for one more. However, in 5 weeks pack your bags, cause you're out of there.
 
Yes, President.
 
So I'm around for one more. This gives me a chance to perfect everything in preparation for the next missionary. We've got a lot of moving parts right now, so he'll need all the aid he can get.
Okay, we've got a lesson at 10:30 AM so we need to get out of here. I love you. Lauren is getting an awesome experience. Wow.
 
Please look into this website and get me these business cards so that I can give them to members and people who want to stay in touch with me. Shoot, I don't remember it. Just google it. It's really popular--every missionary has them except me. I think Heavenly Father kept me here so that I could make them. Google: lds missionary business cards, or ask some local missionaries what the website is. They're free, save the cost of shipping. You can make them and have them sent out to me. I'm not particular--do what you think looks nice. Just get the addresses right. If you need info, ask me next week.
 
Oh, and I'll explain why I was naked in a missionary apartment for half the day next week.
 
Love,
 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment