ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Sunday, December 18, 2011

Elder Johnson's December 12, 2011 E-Mail

My encounter with a wild fox


He's a cute little fella

Mom,

That performance was epic. That was so funny. I think Dad could make some money with that performance. The William Hung of So You Think You Can Dance. All of you were awesome. It was a perfect performance. I hope you showed this the the guys. Hopefully, they came by and visited with everyone.

1.    Do you know if you will have to take the bus or get to fly (either one is a dangerous undertaking at this time of year.
 We actually might drive. We may use one of the trucks up here, and then the other missionaries will trade us when we get to Anchorage, assuming we're going to meet at Anchorage for the transfer.

2.    How does your ankle feel this week?
 Feels great. Played basketball all p-day last p-day. Going to do it again.

3.    Are you getting all the phone numbers and addresses of the Whitehorse people you want to send future mail too?
 Yeah, I'll make sure to do that. I need to send a Christmas letter to Grayhawk Capital! Can you find their address for me? I think they may have moved office locations.

4.    Does your visa expire or are you just leaving because its "your time" to go?
 Both. President Beesley said I'd be there for 3 transfers when he told me I'd be going to Whitehorse.

5.    What investigators are you leaving for Norris and Duncan? (remember to forward President's letter to me!)
 We have a good pool of investigators for Elder Norris. And we have investigators who are progressing, who will be baptized next transfer.

6.    Tell me one thing either interesting, funny, spiritual or frightening that happened this week.

We were coming away from a family's house and saw this beautiful fox. There are a lot of foxes here. Gorgeous animals. Anyways, I started running after him, and he was just toying with me. He'd run a little way, and then stop and wait for me to run at him again. Anyways, I held out my glove to him and shook it. After a little time, he came up sniffed the glove and then took it from my hand. Elder Norris took a picture of the exchange, which I will be sure to send to you soon.

I'm going to spend a little money to buy some blank CDs and maybe a jump drive this week to save all the pictures from everyone.

Love,

Elder Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Johnson its jenny. I remember u telling me about that fox in the pictures. Take Care =)

    ReplyDelete