ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, February 14, 2011

Elder Johnson's e-mail - February 14, 2011 "P-Days"

Hi Mom,
 For your questions - Tell me what you do on your p-days. 

P-Days we bring our laundry to the Atkinson's, who then make sure it gets changed over (only two loads: whites and others); then we go to the Mat-Su college, small, community college like, and e-mail and write our weeklies electronically to President Dance. Then we go to Walmart and do our shopping, and then we eat lunch--sometimes we eat out, sometimes just make something back at home. Then we are free to do whatever until it's time for dinner. During that free time, we will usually go to the stake center and play sports with the other missionaries--mostly basketball. I'm trying to find some cheap b-ball shoes locally, but if I can't this week, I will request that dad send my Nikes from home. But that'll be next week. With Elder Luke we'd go to Hatcher Pass and sled--it's a pretty intense mountain and you drive to the top, sled down, and then drive up again. Got to have two cars to do that with so we do it with the Harman boys usually.

What do you wear?
 We wear our prosyliting clothes (white shirt, suit) in the morning, and then if we're doing an activity that requires gym clothes, etc. then we change.

Where do you go?
See top answer.

Are you brushing your teeth well?
Silly question. I'm 23 years old. I can take of myself by now I hope. But to answer your silly question. Yes, I am brushing and flossing every night and morning.

Are you still comfortable in your clothes or do you wish you had time to get some exercise in?
Oddly stated question. Seems like it has two parts. First part: Yes, I'm comfortable in my clothes. I'll probably need new white shirts and shoes, maybe suit, by my year mark, but so far so good. And I've got the necessary clothing to do everything I'm required--for now. I'll request if needed. 

Part two: No, I don't wish I had time to get some exercise in--because I do have time to get exercise in, and I do exercise daily. I do push-ups and abs every morning, in between my studies--usually hit 300 push-ups. The Zone Leaders have an olympic bench, and I haven't lost my bench much I found out this week. Put up 245 3 times, which ain't too shabby. So I've maintained my strength pretty good. And I look forward to summer so I can do a little running, besides the running I get in on P-day. But I'm eating healthy and feel healthy and have lost weight. I'm at 220 now, compared to 240 when I left. The last half of my mission I'll focus more on working out in the morning, rather than studying. But for now, I've really benefitted from the additional study I've done. My teaching skills are otherworldly. I bring the heat when I teach now.

Sincerely,
Elder Johnson 

Just realized I ended my letter Sincerely to you. Force of habit with my weeklies. Consider this my revised ending.
 
Love,
Elder Johnson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment