ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, March 14, 2011

Elder Johnson's e-mail March 14, 2011 - FIRST BAPTISM!!!

 Elder Bird, Michael, Lisa and Elder Johnson


Same folks with Patriarch McNair

Hi Dad,

 Oh yeah, I know Elder Macpherson* very well. He's very sharp for a new
 missionary--one of the most impressive missionaries I've been around. I
 loved the guy. We did an exchange not too long ago for a day. I'd love to
 serve with him.

Thank you for sending me a working watch. I'll send you the broken one ASAP.

I hope you start feeling better.

Please check my account regularly. Sorry I had a few miscellaneous
 expenditures this week that added up. I do not forsee using my personal card
 anytime soon. Please make sure that I didn't overdraw.

We had a wonderful baptism on Saturday. Michael Kulowiyi and Lisa
 Lehrman-Bon. Here's a picture. In it you will also see our Stake Patriarch,
 Brother McNair, who, by the way, absolutely loves me. He's asked me to come
 back and marry his daughter when she gets back from Med school, so that he
 and I can spend more time together. Never seen the daughter--not even a
 picture--don't even know her age--but I told him I would anyways, because
 he's way cool. Reads a lot, knows a lot. Most of our lessons with Lisa and
 Roger and Michael were me and him making fun of each other. Patriarch McNair
 performed the ordinances for Lisa and Elder Bird for Michael. I wanted Elder
 Bird to get a chance to perform the baptismal ordinance for Michael. I
 thought that'd cheer him up, so I recommended it to work the way that it
 did.

We had the McNairs at every lesson with Roger and Lisa. I knew right from
 the beginning that they'd all love each other. That's the way it worked out.
 Lisa's already got a calling. Michael's already got the Aaronic Priesthood.
 The family is solid. A solid conversion--it's been a blessing to be a part
 of.

Love,

Elder Johnson

*Steve wrote this to Brad in his e-mail, "We had a visiter (high priest) from Utah in our ward yesterday who said he has a newphew who has been serving in Alaska (the Valdez area) for about two months now--Elder Macpherson.

No comments:

Post a Comment