ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, November 7, 2011

Elder Johnson's November 7, 2011, E-mail

Hi Mom,

Thanks for the e-mail update.

Transfer Update:

Yes, you are correct--I am staying in Whitehorse again. President Beesley said this was my last transfer in the area. After that he'll give me another challenging assignment.

Elder Bowes' new companion will be Elder Duncan. My new companion will be Elder Norris. I do not know much about him. It is assumed, however, President Beesley mentioned, that he will take over as District Leader when I leave. President Beesley asked me to make sure their was a smooth transition.

I am certainly going to miss Elder Record. It was a joy serving with him. He's got a fun assignment ahead of him, which entails eating a lot of food and learning Samoan.

 As for your questions:

1.    When do E.Record and E. Hartman actually leave?
 Actually, our Branch has a temple trip planned this weekend from 10 Nov. through 13 Nov. President Beesley wanted the Whitehorse missionaries to go on that, thinking it would be beneficial to get to know the members better and also give the missionaries an opportunity to attend the temple.

The way it all worked out is Elder Record and Elder Hartman will be staying in Whitehorse until we leave on Thursday. They will drive down with us. We're getting rides from members. For Elder Bowes and me--our new companions will be arriving in Anchorage, AK on Saturday. They will then drive back up to Whitehorse with us and the members. So the temple trip is also our transfer.

2.    I don't envy them the 18 hour bus ride back, do you?
 They get to avoid that bus ride. We'll all cruise in a car with members and save the additional five hours in takes the bus to get to Anchorage.

3.    What will you do on p-day without golf?
 Anything my companion wants to do. I've found a great way to avoid stress in a companionship is to be open to activities on P-day. I did, however, request to Elder Record that he allow me one hour each Monday to hit a bucket of balls. We did that from 10 AM to 11 AM--the rest of the day was up to him.

4.    Are you using your missionary work out book I sent?  Do you need anything besides the book?
 Yes. Yes, I need new shirts--badly. My neck size is 17''. 36/37 length. Please send those ASAP. Preferably this week.
 
I also need new pants.
 
5.    Give me the full name of your companion so I can add him to the companion list.  Add any details that you know as well.  We would love to know a little about him.  Maybe it will be E. Flynn!

Elder Something Norris. I don't know a thing about him.

Love,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment