ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Elder Johnson's April 11, 2011 e-mail - Still in his beloved Colony Ward!!!

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the e-mail. I've got to be quick, but I wanted to update you. Technically, this is not our P-Day, but we won't have a chance to do e-mails tomorrow, so we're doing them today.
We got our transfer call:
I'm staying in Colony for another transfer! I don't know who my new companion is yet; however, I have been called to train a new missionary coming into the field. There are only two new missionaries coming in this transfer, so it was cool to be chosen as a trainer amongst such a small batch.
Elder Bird will be going to Anchorage, and his companion will be Elder Piiparinen, who has been AP the past two transfers and was my ZL for the first two of my mission. Elder Piiparinen will be senior companion, Elder Bird, Junior.
Tomorrow, we will travel to Anchorage, and at 10:30 AM I will have a trainers' meeting, where President and Sister Dance and the Assistants will council me and the other trainer on how best to do our new responsibility. The meeting will last two hours. Also, the third week this next transfer, I will be attending the week-long Leadership Training meetings in Anchorage. So it's a neat responsibility. I am excited and ready to keep working hard and making this new missionary the best in Alaska.
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment