ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, June 27, 2011

Elder Johnsons June 27, 2011 E-mail

Hi Mom,
Elder Benage is the one who's been taking pictures for me, so you should recieve a bunch soon. Yeah, that's the district that I was in with Elder Collins. 
Glad to hear things are going good. Call Jake and ask him specifics on weather, etc. I'll have to update you when I have more time.
Went King Samon fishing with Roger Lehrman-Bon and John Williams. Members pitched in and bought our fishing licenses. $30 each for a day-pass for out-of-staters. Didn't catch any fish. But again, we were fishing for men, not fish.
Got the birthday package. Thank you. There is no shortage of cookies as a missionary. Everyday people give us cookies, cake, pie, jam, bread, everything you can think of. Food is in no shortage.
But I will esteem you among the highest if you: 1) Go to Deseret Book and buy me a replica 1830 Book of Mormon. They're about $30 as I recall. Also, can you search online for a dictionary that was made in 1830? Amazon it. Please find me that and send it this week please, if you will to do so. Thank you.
Also, I need the Church-produced movie, Between Heaven and Earth, on DVD. $5, Deseret Book Bookstore

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment