ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Monday, March 12, 2012

Elder Johnson's March 12, 2012 E-Mail

Questions:
Any changes in location this transfer?
Yes, I'm serving in Inlet View with Elder Flynn. 
Is it starting to get warmer or will you have another snow storm?
No, it's pretty cold here today. Bout 9 degrees. Yes we will have another snow storm. So much snow here. 
What did you do for p-day today?                            
Today? We're going to pick up the new missionaries coming in at the airport. Take them through the new missionary introduction to the mission routine.  

Who is your actual companion?
Elder Witt was my former actual companion. But because Elder Duval and Elder Wallace were in our area as well, I also served with them a lot. (They got sent midway through the transfer because we were very busy, and they didn't have companions.) But since Saturday, Elder Flynn is my new companion and will be for at least the next 3 to 4 and a half months.  ...He might be leaving out an important detail about this companionship, be we will wait until we get official word on what his new calling might be (what a sneaker)...
There was a solar storm this week.  Did you see any Northern Lights?
Yes, saw them twice. They were very prominent in the city. It was pretty neat. 

Did you TRY to take a picture of anything this week?  Well try!!!!!  Take pictures of the office, your room, your companion -   Anything!  You will go this whole transfer and not take any pictures and think, “I don’t have any pictures of that great time I had in Anchorage.”  And you will be sad. 
No, but I will. 
Love,
Elder Johnson
Note from Mom:  Hmmm.  Elder Johnson seems to be holding back some important details in this e-mail, but I know how he truly feels about his new companion.  Lets hear what his new companion has to say about him ...
This is from Elder Flynn's letter to his mom (which she forwards to me every week) ...
Hello my friends,
I will begin by allowing you all the opportunity to know that my dreams have come true. It is transfer week this week and we finished putting transfers together during the week. I have a new companion, and nothing against Elder Yang; who i love dearly, but my new companion will be the one and only Elder Bradley Allen Johnson! For those of you who may not understand this excitement, if you take Bryce and try to clone him, this is your boy. We have been around each other our whole missions and now we are rollin together. Elder Yang will be training a new missionary in the Hmong branch, so he will be close by. I am very excited about serving with Elder Johnson, we have big plans.
Now thats how you write a letter to your mother ... good job, E. Flynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment