Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Elder Johnson's March 19, 2012 e-mail

E-mail update:  What Elder Johnson left out in his previous e-mail is that he was called as the newest Assistant to the President and serves in this capacity with E. Flynn.  What a great honor and priviledge.  He will be working closely with President Beesley and will be a large part of the leadership in Alaska for the next few months.  :)

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the e-mail. 
This week was pretty fun. You can get a more detailed description of the goings-on with Elder Flynn's e-mail to his family--but--here's what happened in brief.
Sunday: We were up till like 2 AM with President and Sister Beesley planning for the next week.
Monday: At the mission home early--prepped for the missionaries arriving from the MTC--they arrived in the early afternoon--we had a little orientation deal we took them through--we stayed with them all till about 1030 that night. 
Tuesday: Came and had studies with the new missionaries at the mission home--then we got them ready to go to our transfer meeting--had our transfer meeting--then took the departing missionaries (the ones going home, including Elder Witt) to the Temple--went through a session with them--took them back to the mission home (I got to drive a big huge van, seats like 10 or 12)--had dinner with them--had testimony meeting with them at the mission home--took them to the airport--waited with them for 2 hours until it was time for them to go through security--watched them until we couldn't see them anymore (President Beesley and Sister Beesley like to do that)--went home and slept around 2 AM.
Wednesday: Acted as our P-Day--we ran a few errands--then we got on a plane and headed to Fairbanks--arrived in Fairbanks and planned for zone conference.
Thursday: Had a leadership training meeting--I did some training--then went on exchanges with a new missionary and his companion--arrived home later on and prepared for zone conference--Elder Flynn and I stayed up till about 3 AM making preparations for our part.
Friday: Had zone conference--got to see elder tonga--did training--yada yada yada.
Saturday: Went on another exchange with missionaries--flew out of Fairbanks in the evening.
Sunday: Went to church--worked in our area for a few hours--then had two zone conference planning meetings
 Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment