ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION

Elder Brad Johnson is serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the ALASKA ANCHORAGE MISSION. This blog will include many of the e-mails Elder Johnson sends to his family each week. It will extend from October 6, 2010 to October, 2012.


Friday, December 31, 2010

Info on the Christmas Phone Call!!! Monday, December 20, 2010

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the letter and for sending my Journal. Thanks early as well for the Christmas package--haven't received it yet, but I'll be looking for it.
As for directions on the Christmas call, I will be calling you at 12 PM Alaska time, which is two hours behind Phoenix, so 2 PM your time. I'll be calling the house line ***-***-**** using our mission cell phones (AT&T service provider) on Christmas Day--hopefully, you won't get charged anything. It will be nice to call the house phone; that way, everyone can be on the phone at the same time. Make sure everyone has their own phone, make sure they're all charged up and ready to go. If for some reason I can't get through, and you don't hear from me just after 2 PM, then you may call my cell phone ***-***-****.  Of course, only on Christmas, only in the event of me not calling you, may you call me--please do not give this number to anyone. But everything's going to work out perfectly; I'll have no problem getting through, and we'll all get to have a nice conversation, and you can ask me anything. We'll have exactly 45 minutes to talk, so, again, make sure everything is charged, ready to go--make sure everyone's settled and comfortable in the house, and let's make good use of the small amount of time we do have.
Things are going great. I can assure you Christmas is going to be wonderful. It's hard not to feel the Christmas spirit here. For one, there's snow all over the place; it's beautiful, exactly what all the Christmas cards look like--you know, the snow-topped houses, the lazy smoke coming from the chimney, the snow on the branches--that's what it looks like here. Plus, I'm not too far away from the real North Pole, which is in Alaska and where Elder Luke has served before. It's not hard, either, to recall the real reason we celebrate Christmas--all we do is talk about Jesus.
On Christmas Eve, you all should read through, verse by verse, everyone reading a verse each, around in a circle, Luke 2. Also, check out Isaiah 9:6--you're all familiar with these scriptures I'm sure.
Check out Lauren's and Dad's letter for info on what's going on. Write down any questions you have for the phone call. You can ask me anything, and I'll try to tell you about everything.
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment